Commercial truck financing is different from traditional vehicle financing and leasing. Traditional vehicle loans typically require your credit, business revenue, and time in business to determine if you’re qualified.
There are several factors that will determine your truck lease or loan terms, interest rate, and down payment.
TRUCK FINANCING REQUIREMENTS
- Credit Score – 650 or Better for the Best Commercial Truck Financing Rates.
- Time in Business with a CDL License – 3+ Years Preferred (But We Can Finance Start-ups Too!)
- Down Payment Amount – How Much Can You Afford to Put Down on Your Truck.
- Age of the Truck – Less than 10 years old
- Truck Mileage – Less than 700k miles
When it comes to commercial vehicle financing the equipment you decide to purchase becomes the collateral. This helps to limit the lender’s risk on the commercial vehicle, or heavy equipment lease or loan. By reducing the lender’s you’re more likely to be qualified for financing.
Deciding whether to get a lease or loan, choosing between new or used Freightliner, Peterbilt, or Kenworth. Having a partner like Cox Financial that understands the commercial vehicle industry and all that comes with tractor and trailer financing (titling, registration, insurance, warranties, etc.) is crucial to your success in the trucking industry.
Whether you’re an owner-operator, a small fleet owner, or own a large fleet, we have commercial financing solutions for you and your business. We have great financing programs that will fit your budget and help add more profit to your bottom line.